Even the most interesting information needs to be delivered clearly in order to have a proper effect on audience or a particular reader. The most effective way of making the text easy to understand is the proper essay structuring. Learn about how to plan your essay structure effectively.
What Defines an Essay Structure?
A structure of an essay is motivated by the following requirements to this writing piece:
- the thoughts of the author on a certain issue need to be presented in the form of concise theses;
- the opinions of the writer should be supported by the proves, so each thesis needs to be followed by arguments. Arguments are the facts and phenomena from the social life, events, life situations, scientific evidences, links to authoritative sources etc. Two arguments will be the best to support one certain point: one argument makes the proof weak and three arguments may overload the concise information delivery.
Beside the theses and arguments, which are the main for essay writing, there are a few side elements to be included: conclusions and personal evaluations. These elements are mostly of a subjective nature.
- Conclusions come after the deep analysis of the issue. There may be conclusions for paragraphs (a sentence or two at the end of each body paragraph), and the overall conclusions, placed in a separate paragraph at the end of the paper.
- Personal evaluations are the opinioins of the essay writer, which are based on his beliefs, either moral or religious, views on certain issues and on personal taste. Essay type of writing is one out of small list of writing modes, where the personal evaluations are not prohibited, but encouraged and welcomed.
A Common Structural Model
Based on the information above, the common essay skeleton looks the following:
- thesis +2 arguments;
- 2nd thesis + 2 arguments;
- 3rd thesis + 2 arguments;
Every point needs to occupy a separate paragraph. Also, here are some extra hints for the structural parts of each essay:
- Introduction and conclusion should be focused on the main issue. In introduction you set the issue and in conclusion you summarize it.
- Keep in mind that your essay needs to form a one logically connected whole. It is necessary to separate paragraphs, use linking elements etc.
- Mind the style of writing: essay needs to be emotional, expressive, and artistic. Experts advise to use short sentences with different intonation (punctuation signs). It is also necessary to understand the purpose of your assignment, as it defines the level of strictness of your writing style.
How to Start Working on Essay Structure?
Structuring of your ideas precede the actual essay writing. At first you need to gather the information, then plan your further actions based on the clear understanding of the essay purpose, ideas and your personal intentions. The best way to organize your essay writing process is to create an outline. Even if you do not need to submit it as stated in the assignment requirements, it will help you a lot to create a logical and clear paper.
How to Learn More on Essay Structuring?
It is possible to check the outline examples and the general rules for outlining on the web. However, if you want to get assisted concerning your particular assignment, you are welcome to place an order for an outline with our service, so we will complete either brief or extended outline for you.